Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Yoga for You!

I took the sixth class of my sixty day challenge in West Roxbury, MA. What is special about the studio in West Roxbury is the director, Diane.

When I completed my teacher training and wanted to buy an existing studio,
Bikram instructed me to go and meet Diane. He actually made it a requirement for my affiliation. I was a little annoyed at the time. West Roxbury, a sub division of Boston, is nearly two hours away from my studio in Northampton, MA. But I went.

I have pretty much been going every Tuesday ever since!

Diane is a very special instructor. She has been teaching Yoga for over twenty years, and is quite good at it. But beyond that, Diane has a special quality. It is a difficult quality to define. She gets people.

On Tuesdays, teachers from around New England come and take class with Diane. It is a special class for teachers. And we learn from each other. What I appreciate most is Diane's dedication to teaching Yoga the right way, her consistency, her integrity and her leadership. If you take a Bikram Yoga class anywhere near Boston, you will get a good class. I am proud to be part of the New England area network of studios. And one of the reasons you will get a high quality instructions in this region is due in large part to Diane's leadership.

I'm a fan!






5 comments:

  1. Awwww, that picture makes me smile!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bikram community has so many awesome teachers and studios! I LOVE going to other studios when I am on vacation. People always think I'm nuts that I want to do yoga when I'm supposed to be "on vacation". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey bikramyogachick, I so love being part of a community that is world wide. I once made an estimate that when I begin my 9:00am class there are approximately 1500 students doing Pranayama Breathing at the same time in my time zone. It's kind of like the Mafia, we're everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And when you go to sleep there are a bunch that Pranayama around the world, that is a nice thought.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete