Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11th

I talk with a few folks about what is appropriate to be posting on a blog. And I had decided that I was not going to say much about the significance of September 11th in a blog about Yoga. But emotions have a funny way of changing things. Besides, it is about Yoga.


I spent the early part of today in a bad mood. It was not until nearly 3:00PM that I began to think about some of my friends, brothers we would call ourselves in the FDNY, who died eight years ago today.

I took the second of my sixty classes in my studio tonight. Jennifer taught, she is such a good teacher. By the end of class, I felt much better. This Yoga heals so many things. I remembered why I chose this path.

In 2005, after I completed teacher training, I wrote this testimonial for Bikram:


On the morning of September 11, 2001, I was on an airplane with my brother Jim. We were grounded in Dayton, OH. When I finally got through to my firehouse back in NYC I learned my friend, Captain Jay Jonas of Ladder 6, survived the collapse because he and his men were helping an injured woman named Josephine.

My brother Jim, a musician, wrote this amazing song:

4 comments:

  1. Perfect, Charlie. I think you, your brother, and your other brothers are ALL pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your brother's song. Getting lost in it gave me the opportunity to mark the day of 9/11. And thanks for sharing your testamonial. -very inspiring. I'm off to yoga now, day 3 of my stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A touching testimonial, Charlie. I'm glad your pimp got me here! :)

    by the way - your 30-day challenge poster is done!! I'll email you and let you know my schedule next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boudica,I am glad you liked the song. It's hard for me to listen to it; it brings a lot of sad memories back.

    Danielle, thanks for the doing the poster, that so generous of you.

    ReplyDelete