Tuesday, September 29, 2009

There's no business like......

I took off for a few days; went to DC for some sightseeing. It's always good to get away. But sixty day challenges become more challenging when on the road. One must plan around at least one class a day.

On Saturday, I took class at Bikram Yoga DuPont Circle. I practiced there about a year ago. I knew it was a nice area so I got a hotel room near the studio for my stay.

Good class!


A guy named Lucas taught. He was clearly experienced and did a nice job. But what was really fun is he sang show tunes in the floor series between a couple of postures. Now it wasn't like lame singing. He was really good. Sang us a bit of a tune from "Fame" before Full Locust. Very appropriate, learning about how to fly and all.

The next day Jen and I went off to see the sights. On the way to the Smithsonian I noticed a few parked trailers that are the kind used for movie crews. So I stopped and talked with a guy sitting nearby. He said they were filming a segment of "Big Love" near the Lincoln Memorial.

Jen is a big fan of Big Love. So we diverted. If n
othing we want to be flexible.


Hey! It's Bill Paxton walking and talking. How exciting!


And then there are polygamists with big hair and mimes.


We did get to see the Lincoln Memorial too.




Actually, DC is a nice place to visit. It is like the whole town is a museum. We did get to see a lot of cool stuff. Well, okay, cool if you are a history buff like me. Most have a totally different idea of what cool might be like.

Now onto Sunday afternoon. My friend and teacher training mate Yasmin was going to be teaching the 4:00PM class at the DuPont studio on Sunday.

Perfect!

Yasmin is an actor as well. She performs regularly in different DC venues. And being a graduate of TT Spring 05, she is totally one of the cool kids.


Okay, it's not a Yoga pose. But one must admit it's creative.

Off I go to DC for a few days of museums and Yoga and all of a sudden I have show biz happening all around me.


Yoga?

It's all Yoga. I love this stuff.

3 comments:

  1. "Fame!!! I'm gonna live forever... I'm gonna learn how to fly - high!!!! I'm gonna make it to heaven... People will see me and die - faaame! I'm gonna live forever... baby remember my name..." That is a fantastic song. I'm horrified by the remake and refuse to see it, but the original is a good movie.

    I love doing yoga on the road. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He left out the "Fame" part and slowed it down a bit. His rendition was somewhat soulful and quite nice.

    My big connection with "Fame" was the school building. The Old LaGuardia High School for Performing Arts in Manhattan caught fire back when I was a fireman in midtown Manhattan. The building was vacant at the time. But it was one of the most challenging fires I worked at in my 20 years of big fires. It was a gigantic barn burner. The whole top floor was involved.

    We saved the building. It still stands today although it's not a school anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love that he was singing fame to you! that's awesome! Great pics, sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete