Sunday, October 18, 2009

Resistance/Breakthrough

I need a breakthrough in writing regularly, like no kidding.

If we are living with passion and commitment, we will come up against resistance. I have now completed day 39 of my sixty day challenge. Day 28 and day 29 were hard, really hard.

On day 29 I was nauseous (too big a lunch) my knees hurt, my back hurt. By the end of awkward pose I was struggling with breathing. It was going to be a difficult class. But there I was, in there doing the best I can. On day 30, I had a fabulous class, and every day since then has become stronger and stronger.


On Friday night a teacher training mate of mine, Maggie Carr, was visiting from Melbourne, Australia. Maggie was teaching a class near Boston, in North Andover MA.



(Maggie at our LA training)


I have been practicing Yoga for nearly ten years, Bikram Yoga for seven years. I can easily say my Friday night class was my best class ever. And I am still feeling strong and flexible.



Fabulous!

Breakthrough is always just on the other side of a breakdown, not just in Yoga, but in Life too. The way one finds and confronts their breakdowns is through committed action.

Commitment is a state of being. It starts with a declaration: "I AM COMMITTED"!

However, commitment without action is just a story. Action makes it real. What will committed action produce?

Breakdown! Count on it. If you do not produce a breakdown in your commitment, you commitments are too small. Get bigger.

So I started this post expressing my desire for a breakthrough with my writing. Step one is make a commitment.

I am committed to posting something meaningful at least three times a week for the remainder of my 60 day challenge.

Step two, let someone significant in your life know about the commitment.



I think that's handled.

2 comments:

  1. I am talking to you RIGHT NOW, so you know how I feel about this, but for the record: I like this post very much!

    My commitment related thought for the week is this quote: "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, magic, and power in it." Hooray for being bold. Just gotta put yourself out there sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I want to know how your challenge goes, so thank you for committing to blogging!

    ReplyDelete